Well Child Visits
Preventive care schedule
One of the most important areas of Pediatrics is the ever changing prevention of deadly diseases and conditions. Our preventative health care goes well beyond vaccinations and office visits. We have the expertise and screening tools that help identify early potential health threatening conditions. We perform all Bright Futures, American Academy of Pediatrics and the US preventive services recommended screening and lab protocols. These are an essential part of taking care of your child. See here for more about Bright Futures. Please note: Immunizations are a scientifically proven way of protecting children from serious and life threatening communicable diseases. Our office only accepts patients that are immunized and/or working towards being fully immunized within the recommended intervals. Please read our vaccination policy here.
Each visit is with your Pediatrician. It starts with the time to take a thorough history and includes developmental surveillance and a complete physical examination. We always want to hear parents’ and patients’ concerns. All aspects of a patient and their family plays an impact on the health of the child or adolescent.
Go to https://www.frankbaummd.com/your-next-physical Click on the age of your child to read what to expect at your next visit.
After Delivery-In the Hospital
- A Pediatrician on staff at the hospital will see your baby daily
- Vitamin K shot at delivery
- Hepatitis B #1 within 24 hrs of birth
- Hearing Test
- Screening for congenital cyanotic heart disease
- Newborn State Screening Blood Test (“Heel-stick”)
- Cutaneous Bilirubin Test at 48 hrs and/or before discharge
- Don’t forget to give our office name so your baby’s information is sent to us once you deliver
Initial in-Office visit
- Occurs 24-72 hours after discharge
- Lactation consultation
- Bilirubin check if needed